Q. What is the Sarita’s Safe Haven Nepal Child sponsorship program?
- The Nepal Living Standards Survey of 2010-2011 shows that the country has an adult literacy rate of 56.6%, with a huge disparity between males and females. The male literacy rate is 71.6% compared with 44.5% for women. Lack of educational opportunity is one of the main reasons for this. Many parents are unable to send their children to school due to very low incomes. The children have been obliged to work in agriculture to sustain their families. Nepal is one of the world’s poorest countries, with more than half of the population living on less than $1.25 a day. Sarita’s Safe Haven Nepal has designed a child sponsorship program in the belief that small contributions of money and supplies can positively change the lives of many poor and needy children in Nepal.
- Sarita’s Safe Haven Nepal invites applications from the poorest children at the beginning of the academic year. The Sarita’s Safe Haven working committee meets and selects the needy but most talented children to recommend for sponsorship. However the priority is given to girls. Sarita’s Safe Haven works with local community leaders, schools, youth clubs students as well as the local organizations in the selection process.
- Collecting the children’s photo and biographical information and sending all the information and details to the prospective sponsors.
- Regularly visiting the children, their schools and parents, collecting information about their progress and updating sponsors.
- Collecting the children’s progress report and sending the copies to the sponsors.
- Helping the children to write letters, greeting cards and so on to their sponsors.
- Girls will be given first priority.
- The poorest children.
- Physically and mentally handicapped children.
- Children from untouchable (Dalit), low cast families.
- Sarita’s Safe Haven Nepal is concerned with making a long term impact in the children’s lives. We ask the sponsors to make a commitment to sponsor a child until the child completes grade 12.
- The cost to sponsor a child through Sarita’s Safe Haven Nepal is around $25 USD per month or $300 USD per year for each sponsored child.
- Sponsorship begins as soon as the Sarita’s Safe Haven Nepal receives money from the sponsor.
- Admission and examination fees.
- Two school uniforms, shoes, school bags.
- Sweater for the winter/ raincoat for the rainy season.
- Books, stationery and other school supplies.
- Snacks for the child
- You can contact the Sarita’s Safe Haven Nepal Chairman Mr. Mohan Kumar Kafle and inform him that you would like to sponsor a child through Sarita’s Safe Haven. Then he will choose a pre-selected child. You will receive a photo and all the detail of the child.
- He will direct you on how to transfer funds for the child and will be available to answer all your questions pertaining to the sponsorship program.
- At the end of each school term every sponsor will receive (via postal mail) the following items relating to the child.
- A copy of the child’s school report
- A letter from the child
- A picture of the child
- A detailed breakdown of income and expenditure for the child during the academic year
- Yes! All gifts can be sent directly to Sarita’s Safe Haven Nepal. Please send any gifts via mail to the following address:
- Frequent contact between the child and the sponsor is encouraged. It establishes contact with the child you choose to sponsor and lets him/her feel loved. You can communicate through letters mailed to the above address or e-mail. E-mails will be printed by the project director and delivered to the child.
FOR DONATION – – WE ACCEPT DONATION WELCOME TO DONATION
PLEASE KINDLY DEPOSIT IN OUR BANK ACCOUNT.
Our Bank Address :- Bank to Bank transfer
Account Name :- Chautarfi Mahila Bikash Sanstha
Bank A/C No.- 0035-11-0011534 (Current Account)
Swift Code: – NEBLNPKA
Nepal Bank Ltd. Balaju Branch, Kathmandu, Nepal
Chair Person & Coordinator Gita Devi Chhetri
977- 984-180-0028 Cell